I have been having so much fun with my oils! I received my Premium Starter Kit from the company Young Living last week and since then have tried lots of different “recipes” and diffuser blends! Here’s what I’ve tried and loved so far:
- Probably my favourite thing to do with the oils is just diffuse them around the house. I love putting the diffuser in the bathroom when I have a shower. It’s like having my own mini-spa. My favourite blends are “Stress Away,” “Joy,” “Purification,” and a combination of lavender, lemon and peppermint(LLP).
- I made an AWESOME outdoor lotion. Using a recipe from The Peppermint Wind, I combined six tablespoons of melted coconut oil with 50 drops of peppermint oil and 20 drops of lavender. I rub it on my arms, legs and feet before going to the playground and it is extremely effective. Of the six or seven times I’ve used it, I only got one bite on my foot, and I think that was because I didn’t apply it well. Usually I get at least three or four bites every time I go to the playground. Yay!
- I love diffusing lavender in Sebastian’s bedroom. The first four nights I did this, he had much better sleeps, especially in the evening portion, which is normally quite broken. After the fourth night I ran out of lavender oil(already! Ahh! I didn’t think that would happen!) Since I order the oils online and they take a little while to get here, I went to our local pharmacy and bought a different brand. I don’t know anything about the brand, so I am only diffusing it(rather than using it on my skin). The fifth, sixth and seventh nights I diffused this other brand(and honestly I think it’s just a coincidence), but he woke up a lot. He was teething these nights so I am blaming that. I also like to put a couple of drops of lavender on my pillow before I go to sleep. It is absolutely heavenly.
- I have been loving a blend called Thieves, which is a mixture of cloves, rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon peel, and cinnamon bark. It smells exactly like how you expect autumn to smell. It is amazing. Young Living has a great line of natural cleaning products with this oil.
- Peppermint has been another favourite. I like to add one or two drops to a spoonful of coconut oil when I do my oil pulling every night, giving it a nice flavour. I’ve also used lemon and thieves and they’re great too. Lemon oil is supposed to help whiten teeth so I put a drop on my toothpaste once in a while.
- I made this face lotion with frankincense and lavender. It’s only my fifth time using it tonight so I can’t report any results yet but I am enjoying how it smells and feels.
- I used tea tree oil today to deal with my ant problem. We have tiny ants in our kitchen. In the past I have solved this by placing ant poison in their path. But this time the ants have been sneaky and don’t seem to have a path or source – I just always see one or two whenever I open the cupboards. So today I put four drops of tea tree on a cloth and rubbed it all over the bare cupboard and doors, and then I left the cloth in the corner of the cupboard. Haven’t seen the little guys since. Let’s hope it stays that way…
If you have any questions or interest in buying some oils or the Starter Kit, please don’t hesitate to ask! You can leave a comment here or email me at email@example.com.