Here’s a list of songs I discovered and fell in love with this year:
1. Virginia Moon: Foo Fighters – just lovely harmonies here.
2. Que Beleza: Tim Maia (Que Beleza means How Beautiful)
3. Baby, Baby: Rose Murphy – sang this one to Shasta a lot! I love Rose Murphy and I’m so glad I found her!
4. So True: The Black Seeds – such a chill, easygoing song.
5. I Need Thee: Sam Robson – just can’t get over this guy. Love it!
6. Novos Olhos: Reis Do Nada – friends of ours! Love them and their music so much.
7. Something More: Irie Souls – Nuni and I listened to this one and the next SO many times. Probably our most listened to songs of the year.
8. Roots and Culture: Irie Souls
9. Do I Do: Stevie Wonder (I know, not a new song, but it was new to me and I absolutely LOVE it)
10. Sittin’ in the Middle: Raul Midon
11. Sunshine: Raul Midon
12. Sisters: The Lacks –> I got to meet these wonderful people in the summer when they passed through Watson Lake! Such a wonderful experience!
13. Take My Love: Dominic Balli
Hope you enjoy! I’d love to know what songs you discovered this year!