I’ve been in Portuguese mode this week because we’ve decided to make it our primary language at home. I’m certainly not fluent, but I’m learning a lot, and it’s so easy because the words and phrases I’m learning are simple and repetitive. It’s been fun, and I’m eager to learn more. We do still speak a lot of English of course, so Shasta is hearing both. I’m hoping he doesn’t get super confused… but I’ve heard a lot of stories of kids learning multiple languages from birth and they’re doing just fine.
Here’s a few things I did this week:
1. Watched The Hunger Games. It was good, but like most(all?) mooks(movies made from books, and no, I didn’t just make that word up) not nearly as entertaining as the novel. I LOVED the novel. There are just so many details that are impossible to include in the film… and I think without reading the book, there are some parts that may be confusing. I spent a couple minutes explaining things to Nuni and Michelle while we watched. Still a well made film though. I especially enjoyed Stanley Tucci’s flashy smile.
2. Started watching season 3 of The Mentalist. There are so many crime shows out there, but this one is by far my favourite. Simon Baker is absolutely fantastic.
3. I’ve met some new ladies this week that I’m excited to get to know more. Watson Lake is a very transient community which can be a good and bad thing. In this case it’s great. I love making friends. But there are other cases when it just sucks(miss you Erica!). Anyways… very excited about these new people.
4. Made some more yummy food this week: Moroccan Chickpeas with Couscous, Asian Peanut Chicken Stir Fry, Tabbouleh with Edamame, Feta and Chicken(oh, we’re back on meat now, but still eating some veggie meals), and Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash. I typed out the recipes today so let me know if you want to see them. I also tried a “Healthy Chocolate Malt” drink which was very tasty, zucchini loaf and zucchini brownies(which weren’t the best ever, I prefer the bean brownies I make). I love zucchini. But I always spell it wrong!!
5. I’m getting ready to do a few photo shoots in the near future, one of which is a newborn shoot, so I did some practicing. You can hardly call Shasta a newborn anymore(almost 2 months old now!) but he was still a good model.
6. Took some pictures in the Wye Lake Trail:
7. I started a teapot collection! I found most at the share shed(a truly magical place) and one at a yard sale for $1.00. I hope to put flowers in them next summer.
Tchau for now!