1. We’ve had some lovely spring and summer-like weather, which has allowed for a couple of fun BBQs with friends at Lucky Lake:
2. I’ve been doing lots of crafty projects: record bowls and bangles are my favourite ones, so easy and so nifty!
3. I’ve been trying lots of new recipes. My favourites include baked carrots from the Jamie Oliver website, baked oatmeal muffiny things, spaghetti squash with tomato sauce, and Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies. Thank you Pinterest!!
4. I feel slightly whale-like at times. I now do the “pregnancy waddle” and move pretty slowly. The end is near – less than a month away! Here’s a picture I took today with photobooth:
5. I’ve been on many LOVELY walks around Wye Lake. It’s such a beautiful trail, I feel very privileged to live so close to it!
6. I’ve discovered a great site that allows you to download free, very interesting fonts: dafont.com. Easy to use, and makes posters a lot more visually interesting, if you ever need to make a poster!
7. I had a lovely baby shower on Sunday… more to come on this!
8. There is some crazy flooding going on in this area. I think I’ll write a separate post about it… but check out this news story if you are interested: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2012/06/10/north-yukon-road-flood-update.html We have lots of food in Watson Lake, which is good, and I am really hoping the roads will be open by Sunday so that I can go to Whitehorse to wait for the baby to be born!(they don’t deliver in Watson Lake, unless it’s an emergency!)