It’s been a little while since I posted an update. So many notable things have happened in the last month – let’s see what I can remember!
1. We had absolutely GORGEOUS spring weather on Monday. I was so warm I put on a skirt, sat on the deck and enjoyed the sunshine.
2. It snowed all day yesterday and today. Not cool.
3. I made this welcome sign:
4. We went to a yard sale last weekend and Nuni found an incredible instrument: a Farfisa electric organ from the 60s/70s in great condition(there was one key stuck but Nuni fixed it). Nuni has been playing it ever since and it sounds awesome. And he got it for free.
5. I’m attempting to grow a pineapple. I found the idea on pinterest. It only takes two years to grow. I’m just hoping for a half-decent houseplant since we don’t have any at the moment(although we will be adopting some very soon).
6. I’ve been trying lots of new recipes, as usual. Yesterday I found yet ANOTHER winner from Kitchen Stewardship – Apple Flax Muffins. Nuni and I are trying to eat healthier these days and cutting back on wheat and sugar, so these were perfect(they’re grain free). I also made these granola bars from Simple Organized Living which I think are amazing. Tonight I am going to try Butternut Spice Bars from my “Smart Sweets ebook.” I am very excited about this.
7. I’ve been having a few of my students over for dinner every Monday before youth group. I make a different soup each week – this week’s was lentil, with bacon and carrots in it and it was pretty tasty. I sent them outside to play in the yard while I got things ready and I noticed how beautiful the kitchen looked with the light coming in the window. We absolutely love this kitchen window. Also please note the parsley plant, given to me by a co-worker. Do you have a parsley plant? You should get one. Fresh parsley is absolutely amazing.
8. We acquired and set up the crib! We are more and more excited to meet our baby every day. (be sure to check out the belleh photos if you haven’t already!)
I hope you’re loving life as much as I am right now!