1. On Sunday I made a WONDERFUL new dessert: peppermint coconut bark. I think I’ll have to add this to my blog recipe collection. It is SO easy, healthy, and very yummy. I got it from Kitchen Stewardship’s “Smart Sweets” ebook, which I highly recommend.
2. Started private piano lessons – had my first lesson with a very sweet 5 year old girl! Hoping to get more students soon.
3. I have been listening to Feist and Zee Avi a LOT this week, thanks to my friend Karen who burned me a CD of them. I particularly enjoy “Inside and Out” from Feist. I’d never heard of Zee Avi before and I still don’t know anything about her except that she has a fantastic mellow jazzy voice, kind of like Zooey Deschanel, and really fun songs.
4. Started looking at my profile in the mirror and realized that I’m getting pretty big. I guess it’s no surprise since I’m entering the 7th month of pregnancy! I love my belly! I think I’m going to miss it when the baby is born… although I’ll probably be distracted 🙂 One thing I love about it is just watching my belly, seeing him poke and prod around. It’s pretty cool.
5. I’ve been enjoying my job at the school SO much… which is amazing. How many people can say they LOVE their job?? I feel very blessed. I love spending 1-1 time with the girls, whether we’re doing a piano lesson, making cookies or going for a walk.
6. Had an “I have a great husband” moment on Saturday. I honestly don’t know WHAT was up with me that morning, but I was grumpy and suddenly just burst into tears while making lunch. Poor Nuni didn’t know what was going on and thought he’d done something wrong(which he hadn’t). After lunch I crawled into bed and he told me he’d be going out but he’d be right back. 10 minutes later he came into the room with a tub of chocolate Haagen Dazs ice cream, a bag of Chips Ahoy, mini reese peanut butter cups, Hershey’s chocolate bars and a regular Reese’s(my favourite). We had a lot of fun and I felt a lot better after. The best part was probably what he said to the cashier at the store where he picked everything up – “My wife is pregnant and crying and I don’t know why! So I thought this would help!” It definitely did.
7. Have been enjoying our new house SO much… here’s a picture of the outside, though it’s a bit hard to see because of all the snow! I can’t wait until it all melts so we can actually see what the front and back yards look like.
Hope your week was great too!